Finance Operations Specialist
||Finance & Accounting, Outsourcing
||MYR 48,000 – MYR 72,000 per annum
||9th October 2018
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a subsidiary of a global insurance organisation. They are a regional hub for the Insurance group’s shared services supporting the company’s insurance and finance operations across different businesses. They are looking for Finance Operations Specialist (3 headcounts).
- Accruals and Prepayments:
- Prepare monthly prepayment schedule and amortization entries.
- Prepare and complete monthly fixed accrual entries and maintain accrual control worksheet.
- Prepare manual accrual (requested by email) and save all the accrual emails into Share Drive as supporting.
- Follow up outstanding manual accrual / Nil reply from users.
- Fixed Assets:
- Perform Fixed Assets creation in SAP and insert the assets number in ARIBA purchase requisition.
- Preform Trial Run of Fixed Asset Depreciation to ensure that proper action on FA can be fixed before closing.
- Perform Actual Run for Fixed Asset Depreciation monthly.
- Perform Asset Under Construction transfer upon request with approval.
- Prepare monthly fixed billing to business partner according to group timeline.
- Provide brief explanation and attend business partner’s queries.
- Prepare quarterly true up adjustments based on actual cost incurred.
- Prepare and submit withholding tax document that is required by business partner for settlement purpose.
- Review and ensure Debit Note (DN)/Credit Note (CN) receive from Local Business Unit (LBU) provided with supporting document such as Statement of Work (SOW) and settlement agreement.
- Prepare upload template and park document into SAP.
- Save DN/CN and its supporting document Shared Drive in proper order.
- Prepare settlement summary and send to LBUs for approval according to the agreed threshold.
- Communicate with Treasury team to reserve fund prior to settlement.
- Follow up with Business Units (BUs) regarding the settlement and perform intercompany settlement to BUs.
- Send settlement reminder and follow up with LBUs.
- Perform open items clearing for after perform settlement.
- Prepare monthly ICT Matching Report and perform any necessary action on any outstanding issue identified.
- Fixed Deposit:
- Update all interest income and accrued income for fixed deposit in template from FD statement and upload for posting.
- Accounts Receivable (AR) Aging:
- Prepare monthly aging report, follow up with Interco Customer for overdue invoices, and provide commentary for reason of non-payment.
- Reconcile sub-ledger list tally with control account.
- Update and monitor AR credit control as per group policy, not more than 30 days settlement.
- Bank Reconciliation:
- Perform weekly clearing of cash open item.
- Investigate and reconcile the differences on a timely basis.
- Prepare Bank Reconciliation Report monthly.
- Journal Entries:
- Preparation of journal voucher for approval.
- Parking all the Journal Voucher in the SAP system.
- Clearing of open items balance in the SAP system whenever required after the Journal Voucher posting.
- Ensure local BUs provide Inward Reinsurance Templates and the correctness of the number of documents parked by local BUs.
- Complete the upload of Retro Reinsurance templates provided by local BUs.
- Send reminder and follow up on Reinsurance Templates not received to ensure the completeness of the Reinsurance uploads.
- Perform IC matching and ensure zero variance and any variance supported with justification.
- Prepare and send Reinsurance Debit Note to local BUs.
- Perform Incoming Receipt of Reinsurance when fund was remitted by local BUs.
- Perform reinsurance settlement to local Bus.
- Send settlement reminder and follow up with un-remitted fund with local BUs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- At least 2-4 years of working experience in Accounting/Finance field.
- Experienced in SAP System.
- Preferably with Shared Services experience.
- Good command of English.
- Open to Malaysians only.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!