Finance Operations Manager
||Finance & Accounting; Outsourcing
||Up to MYR 169,000 per annum
||11h January 2019
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a subsidiary of a global insurance organisation. They are a regional hub for the Insurance group’s shared services supporting the company’s insurance and finance operations across different businesses. They are looking for a Finance Operations Manager, reporting to the Senior Finance Operations Manager.
- Support Senior Manager of Finance Operations in managing day-to-day financial operations services/activities for the Group Company, including fixed asset, accruals and prepayments, general journal voucher, inter-company billing, non-operation bank reconciliations and re-insurance transactions.
- Ensure all services are provided on a timely basis including daily operations and month end closing as per the SLA signed with the Company entities without compromising the work quality and comply with the Company’s accounting procedures and applicable accounting requirements.
- Develop and recommend areas for enhancements and improvements for the current systems and processes to meet the challenges and needs of stakeholders in relation to the GIA reports and analysis, IFRS templates and analysis, financial statements and related areas.
- Engage and manage projects for any development, design, and implementation of new processes, controls, and functionality changes to existing systems in relation to the GIA reports, IFRS templates and financial statements to improve current processes, controls and overall effectiveness of the team.
- Responsible to ensure the development and update of Control Checklist and Training Materials as and when new enhancements are identified, implemented and communicated.
- Reviewer of financial operations processes performed by the team members by ensuring the work is performed correctly and in line with all approved/agreed internal controls/processes as documented/stated in the Business Process Manuals (BPM).
- Prepare reports for Senior Manager of Group Financial Solution’s (GFS) escalation to Group and Local Finance departments on any significant financial operations issues along with concise descriptions of the issue and immediate actions/recommendation to address the issue.
- Support the Group of Companies – Local Finance team on relevant matters relating to the financial operations services by providing timely and satisfactory response on all queries. Lead and liaise closely with external parties for matters related to finance operations services.
- Assist Senior Manager Finance Operations in developing BPM for financial operations services and as and when new enhancement identified and/or communicated to improve team’s effectiveness and efficiencies and ensuring the BPM is conforming with the Company and Financial Reporting Standards
- Provide guidance and support for Assistant Managers, Specialists and Associates of Finance Operations in reviewing and performing day-to-day finance operations processes. Set objectives and define development plans for direct report in line with department objectives Team mentorship, leadership and motivation
- Assist Senior Manager of Finance Operations for recruiting, hiring and development of all Finance Operations team members.
- Assist and supports Senior Manager of Finance Operations in process improvement and enhancement to ensure proper controls are in place for all identified risks, standardization of process across all LBU and to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
- Assist Senior Manager of Finance Operations in other matters related to the Unit.
- Delivering beyond Service Level Agreement (SLA) with Local entities:
- Adequate resources for day-to-day processes and month end closing
- Timely processes and closing
- No/minimal significant audit issues
- High quality of work and documentation
- Overall productivity improvement to be achieved via:
- Improvement in team members’ experiences and economies of scale
- Enhancement in automated and manual processes
- People development:
- Staff retention
- Staff & individual training & development program
- Staff & individual quarterly review progress and mentor program
Communication Requirements (Internal & External):
- Internal within the Company (30%):
- Procurement Support Operations Unit within GFS for procurement matters impacting finance operations.
- Investment Accounting and Reporting & Analysis Units within GFS to share best practices (if any/applicable).
- SAPCOE Solution architects and support team on details of SAP issues and enhancements.
- Finance Department for finance operations services rendered to the department.
- Other various departments’ team members for any matters related to Finance Operations.
- External including Group of companies and other parties (70%):
- Discussions with Local Finance for matters/queries relating to finance operations and process enhancement.
- LBU purchase requestors on any purchase exceptions.
- Group Sourcing on matters relating to P2P process.
- External vendors on payment and invoice matters.
- Banks on matters related to bank payments/transactions/statements.
- External and internal auditors for audit meetings and audit field work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or relevant field.
- Internationally Recognized Accounting Qualification (ACCA, CPA, etc.)
- At least 7 years’ experience in financial and accounting related field in an MNC environment.
- At least 2 years supervisory and management experience in the above position.
- Experienced in a shared services or similar environment providing financial operations services to external/internal stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of:
- Accounting standards and principles.
- Proper control environments.
- How the SAP Accounting System and Business Intelligence System work and designed, and familiar with using the systems.
- Good interpersonal skills, problem solving and strong sense of urgency.
- Independent and good communication skill.
- Good mentoring, coaching and mentoring skills.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!