||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||Up to MYR 84,000 per annum
||19th November 2018
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is one of the top telecommunications company in Australia. They provide a diverse range of communication services to residential users, wholesale customers, small and medium enterprises (SMEs), government and large corporate enterprises. They have recently set up a Regional IT team in Malaysia to provide IT support to the Australian region. They are looking for a DevOps Engineer.
- Design & Programming:
- Produce requirements and design documents for new system functionality in accordance with the the Company’s Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Develop new code to produce product or system functionality as required.
- Modify existing code to produce or modify product or system functionality and presentation as required.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of code changes.
- Apply design and programming strategies and practices that facilitate the on-going maintainability of existing systems and products.
- Collaborate with Web Designer/Developer to design system or product functionality as required.
- Quality Assurance & Testing:
- Implement unit testing of new code and any code changes.
- Collaborate with the Testing Team to complete integration testing of new code and any code changes.
- Respond to reported problems by logging a bug or fault request, and notifying management where appropriate.
- Conduct cross checks on site changes to ensure all live changes are accurate.
- Evaluate proposed changes to systems and products and work with colleagues to ensure appropriate testing is carried out.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Identify and propose developmental and architectural improvements to existing products and systems.
- Identify and introduce industry Best Practice standards in all projects, work requests and responsibilities.
- Seek to educate team members and stakeholders about Best Practice where appropriate.
- Work Planning & Management:
- Manage daily tasks and projects to ensure work is completed consistent with assigned priorities and deadlines.
- Identify resource and time requirements of requested work to produce project plans and timelines.
- Evaluate work requests on a technical, architectural and consistency level to provide feedback to stakeholders on viability.
- Participate in planning meetings as required.
- Initiate and attend meetings with team and stakeholders to give timely updates on work progress and resolution of issues.
- Report progress to team and Development Manager as appropriate.
- Liaise with external 3rd party providers to coordinate work as required.
- Data Management & Reporting:
- Collate statistics to provide progress and performance reports as required.
- Implement appropriate level of reporting to management on technical and nontechnical issues.
- Occupational Safety & Health:
- Responsible for taking reasonable care to ensure own safety and health at work, and to avoid adversely affecting the safety or health of any other person at work.
- Managing organisation-wide policies, procedures and compliance.
- Responsibilities on Demand:
- Due to the fluid and dynamic environment within the Company, new, additional or changed position responsibility may be required at any time.
- Successful demonstration of Change Orientation is an on-going responsibility in all the Company’s positions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent field.
- At least 3 years of experience of relevant working experience.
- Demonstrate sound expertise in:
- Object Oriented Programming
- Scripting language programming
- Web technologies and web development principles
- XML and related technologies
- SQL and database programming
- Demonstrate understanding of:
- Tibco Business Works
- Tibco EMS
- SOA Architecture
- UNIX operating environment
- Windows Server and IIS
- Cisco and general networking principles
- Demonstrate the ability to forward plan work and set up realistic targets, schedules and deadlines.
- Schedule and prioritise while allocating one’s time appropriately.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!