Regional Chief Financial Officer – Industrial
Email Wai Ling
||17th December 2018
Client Background & Role Summary:
The client is a large heavy industrial group with presence in Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, Indonesia and China; with USD2.5 billion revenue. They are looking for a Regional CFO to oversee the overall financial management and ensure the smooth running of the Financial Operations. The CFO is to assist the MD in all areas that are required to ensure that the KPIs are achieved. The role of the CFO is to ensure that the financial accounts are produced on time and with accuracy and integrity; and to ensure effective financial management and corporate governance. The CFO would also need to provide independent advice to the Board on the financial activities at all times.
Financial Accounting, Management Accounting
- Oversee the preparation and consolidation of financial statements and management reports for Division.
- Ensure that the total capital expenditure for the company is within the approved capex guidelines and that all capex is approved only when there is sufficient justification for the capex to proceed.
- Ensure that the company is managed within the financial capacity of the company and that they adheres to the covenants required by the lending banks.
- Ensure that the Group has adequate insurance in place for the type and complexity of business that is operated.
- Ensure on-time delivery of cost effective IT solutions that are in line with the Division’s business and long-term IT plans and directions.
- Responsible for Finance Reporting deadlines and that the budgeted expenses are not exceeded without authority.
- Direct and coordinate budgeting and forecast activities; and manage Division’s actual financial performance versus budget.
- Oversee the reporting on cash and debt positions, cash flow forecasts, guarantees / contingent liabilities, financial covenants management, forex exposure including other operational treasury functions.
- Ensure satisfactory credit system and procedures to mitigate credit risk.
- Ensure that group policies and authorities are strictly adhered to.
- Updating and maintaining the Risk Management report for the group.
- Identifying acquisition targets and managing the due diligence process to expand the Industrial business through acquisition.
- Envision the future business landscape and shape organisation strategic goals accordingly.
- Proactively steer and champion change in the organisation.
- Advise on structures and processes to plan and manage the implementation of strategic change.
- Shape and visualise the current and future strategies to create opportunities. Cultivate and nurture a culture that supports creativity and innovation. Translate vision to action.
- Build an environment that inspires learning and recognises talent.
- Formulate strategies that take into account diverse and dynamic business practices, values, cultures and behaviors for the Group / Department / Business units. Fostering an environment that values diversity and enables people to work cooperatively and effectively in achieving organisational goals.
- Provide insight into the short and long term implications of sustainability strategies to the business, environment and stakeholders. Act as a role model in inspiring others to adopt a sustainability perspective. Leverage support from various stakeholders.
- Lead stakeholder management and communication initiatives guided by organizational policies and principles.
- Lead, direct and provide advice on financial management plans to improve financial performance and achieve strategic organisational objectives.
Accountability / Impact:
- Respond to financial crisis and economic uncertainties.
- Develop stakeholders’ confidence on affected from low consumer confidence with job security due to higher unemployment rate and income sustainability.
- Sustain strong division financial standing for new financial regulations that affect the business.
Meeting the Statutory Reporting Requirements for the Company and On Time
- Working with the Chief Accountant / Financial Controller to ensure that there are no obstacles to achieving the deadlines and ensuring that everything has been done to achieve the required integrity of the financial information.
Financial Management of the Group to ensure that the Shareholder’s Returns are achieved
- Working with the Group Treasurer to ensure that the company has sufficient cash flow to meet the immediate and long term cash commitments. Ensuring that the company policies for the cash management are followed. Negotiating with the banks to renew or extend the banking facilities. Negotiating the best market rates available for the company for long term borrowings. Planning the future funding requirements for acquisitions or expansions.
- Manage the preparation of the Strategic Blueprint and Budgets for the financial year.
- Review and update the risk management plan for the group.
Capital & Infrastructure Management
- Working with Group Strategy team to ensure that all capex requests are supported with IRR calculations and capital requests documentation suitable for Board or GCEO approval. Evaluating all expenditure for local approval to ensure that they meet the group’s capex criteria. Ensuring that competent consultants are engaged to prepare the appropriate plans and documentation for building new infrastructu
- Working with the CEO and General Management team to set the group strategy for the financial year.
- Working with the Company Secretary to ensure that all corporate governance requirements are adhered to.
- As a director of the company, be responsible for all corporate governance matters of the group.
- Ensuring that all legal work is carried out efficiently and effectively for the company.
- Minimum degree majoring in Accounting/Finance and/or professional qualification and/or MBA.
- Member of a major accounting body, e.g. CPA, ACCA.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in finance and 8 years in corporate finance.
- Experienced in a senior financial management role for a diversified company.
- Knowledge of the international accounting standards and the experience of working with the advisors from the major accounting firms.
- Knowledge of the various financial instruments available for managing the Treasury function.
- Minimum 2 years of exposure in managing regional business / culture.
- Possess high level of business acumen, strategic and performance oriented.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Wai Ling at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!