Chief Finance Officer
Email Wai Ling
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||MYR 500,000-600,000 per annum
||11th July 2018
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is an Energy company, providing energy solutions and leading their counterparts in green technology. The CFO would be accountable for the Financial, Risk Management, Procurement and MIS operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. He/she is responsible to formulate and drive consistent approach towards sourcing and tendering activity within the business, ultimately ensuring that value for money is maximised and cost savings are generated.
Financial Process Management
- Support operations by providing insight on their area’s performance and financial analysis to help identify improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for compliance with local rules (financial, accounting and tax), Group Accounting Standards and processes, and other agreed upon processes in conjunction with interfacing with the Group’s finance competency centers (e.g. treasury, tax, insurance, internal control, etc) as well as Legal and IT.
- Drive process standardization including Finance and other related processes (e.g. Procurement, Marketing and MIS).
- Actively contributes to the management of Finance Human Resources for the Company.
- Ensures people development.
- Succession planning.
Control, Performance and Financial & Management Reporting
- Work directly with Managing Director to understand key priorities and provide finance insight.
- Lead the budget process (and its revisions), ensuring the participation/commitment of the operational departments as well as the quality of the end product.
- Identify variances with budget / outlooks and ensure jointly with the Managing Director that appropriate corrective actions are implemented.
- Responsible for the management reporting (including costing) of the Company including Monthly Reporting, Quarterly Board Meeting and its communication to Group resources.
- Contributes to other processes of other departments (Operations, Marketing, HR, etc) to enhance their quality and drive Company profitability.
- Work directly with Managing Director to prioritize capital project plans based on operational / strategic needs in conjunction with key financial metrics.
- Oversee capex projects financial validation and manages the process.
- Ensure compliance with Group Capex Procedures.
- Ensure that post-audits are carried-out.
- Ensure compliance with local regulations, as well as timely and accurate filing of necessary reports to the authorities.
- Ensure optimization of the Company’s tax situation (effective tax rate, cash) and minimizing risks.
Treasury and Financing
- Ensure the optimization of treasury operations in conjunction with the respective treasury competency centers while limiting risks incurred and ensuring that the Group Treasury Polices are properly enforced.
- Manage working capital and free cash flow optimization.
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts.
- Arrange for debt and equity financing.
- Invest funds.
- Maintain banking relationships.
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors.
- Ensure adherence to Group Internal Control policy.
- Responsible for executing, jointly with Managing Director internal control standards.
- Co-signs the certification letter to Auditors and Group.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the Company’s risk profile.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the Company, and legal issues affecting the industry.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Ensure that the Company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the Board of Directors.
- Maintain relations with external and internal auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Ensure the existence of the Credit Committee which analyzes customer risk and decide upon credit line assignments and other measures for risk control considering factors beyond just commercial interests.
- Manage the relationship with external auditors and acts as their prime point of contact.
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of formalized purchasing policies, compliance and procedures, including tendering policies vis a vis the tender committee channel.
- Ensure that a suitable contract database and protocol for ongoing supplier management including the ongoing creation, rationalization and management of “preferred suppliers”.
- Ensure that an appropriate reporting mechanism is establish which clearly highlight cost savings achieved by category/supplier and validate supplier performance and concerns.
- Recognized professional accounting qualifications such as MACPA, CA,CPA or ACCA.
- A member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
- Minimum of 8 years in similar role.
- Must be able to enter business-related discussions at a high level with other departments, Board of Directors and stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial, good communicator, a strong executor (self -driven), sensitive to the people aspects of a multicultural environment.
- Must be charismatic, and have the capacity to influence and gain the trust of senior executives in order to be effective.
- Must possess high integrity, excellent leadership skills, ability to plan well, be able to make timely decisions, be innovative with a hands-on management style.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Wai Ling at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!