Assistant Manager, Group Financial Reporting
||Finance & Accounting; Insurance
||Up to MYR 96,000 per annum
||30th April 2019
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a subsidiary of a global insurance organisation. They are a regional hub for the Insurance group’s shared services supporting the company’s insurance and finance operations across different businesses. They are looking for an Assistant Manager, Group Financial Reporting.
- Review and consolidate submissions from local business units for various external reporting requirements including IFRS, HKICO and HKFRS.
- Ensure all required financial reporting and analysis are provided to Group Office timely, accurately, without compromising on the quality and in accordance to the Group accounting policies and its related regulations.
- Ensure information received from the local business units complies with Group standards for both financial and management reporting.
- Assist the manager overseeing deliverables from local business units, performing analytical review and following up queries with local business units.
- Prepare accounting journals for different accounting basis including consolidation journals and perform Group consolidation.
- Prepare Group announcements and financial statements.
- Support Group Office and local business units on relevant Group financial reporting and analysis matters by providing timely and satisfactory response on all queries to enable business decisions.
- Support various Group financial reporting related initiatives and coordinate with various departments in Group Office and local business units on rolling out of the initiatives.
- Responsible to update Control Checklist and Training Materials as and when new enhancement identified, implemented and communicated.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties periodically assigned by supervisor in order to meet financial reporting requirements and/or other projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy with professional qualification in ACCA or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience gained within a multinational environment with regional exposure and/or accounting and auditing experiences in a big-size accounting firm.
- 2 + years of supervisory or management experience in the above position.
- Experience in financial reporting.
- Experience with insurance and financial services industries preferred.
- Knowledge of IFRS.
- Good analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of systems e.g. SAP / BPC preferred.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Cindy at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!