Assistant Manager, Finance Operations
||Finance & Accounting; Insurance
||Up to MYR108,000 per annum
||26th April 2019
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a subsidiary of a global insurance organisation. They are a regional hub for the Insurance group’s shared services supporting the company’s insurance and finance operations across different businesses. They are looking for an Assistant Manager, Finance Operations
- General Accounting:
- Manage day-to-day general accounting financial operations including liaison with personnel from various department and business partner.
- Ensure procedures adhered to and controls are documented accordingly.
- Set objectives and define development plans for direct report in line with department objectives.
- Ability to lead associate to ensure a smooth daily operation while improving existing processes.
- Perform monthly financial close activities, ensure meeting SLA and deadlines.
- Effectively assigns and delegate work, able to assess how Associates are able to improve performance, able to motivate and develop Associates.
- Assist and supports in the change challenge initiative during transformation, anticipate problems and manage multiple deadlines.
- Contribute to efficient and high quality finance operation function.
- Day-to-day supervision of directs reports and workloads.
- Team mentorship, leadership and motivation.
- Assist Finance Operations Manager on other projects and matters as and when required.
- Monitor monthly billing to business partner according to group timeline.
- Check and post AR invoice, DN/CN into SAP system by country and by cost center on monthly basis parked by Associate.
- Brief Associate on new projects or requirement related to billing.
- Provide feedback on business partner’s queries.
- Monitor withholding tax document required by business partner for settlement purpose.
- Interco (IC) Matching Report and Settlement:
- Check and monitor IC Matching Report performed by Associate and perform any necessary action on any outstanding issue spotted.
- Monitor ICT Settlement performed by Associate.
- AR Aging:
- Review monthly aging report.
- Monitor AR credit control as per group policy, not more than 30 days settlement.
- Posting all bank charges parked by Associates.
- Review bank reconciliation prepared by Associates.
- Fixed Asset:
- Review fixed asset created by associates.
- Input asset no. created by associates in ARIBA and approve the PIR.
- Support monthly depreciation run performed by associates should there be any issue.
- Accruals and Prepayments:
- Review monthly prepayment schedule, amortization and accruals entries.
- Month-end closing:
- Review and posting all reclassification/journal parked by Associate.
- Run WBS settlement to cost center.
- Perform reverse charge.
- Perform FX Revaluation & translation.
- Ensure completeness of all processes and month end closing.
- Key contact person for assigned LBU.
- Review Cash Flow forecast for AIA Reinsurance prepared by Associate.
- Review and posting fund Transfer and Dividend payment entries prepared by Associate.
- Perform UAT as and when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accountancy or equivalent.
- Internationally Recognized Accounting Qualification (ACCA, etc.) will be an advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in financial and accounting related field in an MNC environment.
- At least 1 years supervisory and management experience in the above position.
- Experience in a shared services or similar environment providing financial operations services to external/internal stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of accounting standards and principles.
- Good knowledge of proper control environments.
- Good knowledge of how the SAP Accounting System and Business Intelligence System work and designed, and familiar with using the systems.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!