Assistant General Manager, Financial Reporting & Controls
||Finance Reporting; Telecommunication
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||Up to MYR 180,000 per annum
||16h January 2019
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is a leading communications service provider in Malaysia. They are looking for an Assistant General Manager, Financial Reporting & Controls.
- Complement existing functions already established in the organisation in respect to general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management (excluding inventory related items).
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Serve as the Go To resource for all financial reporting and MFRS compliance questions inclusive of developing the necessary training program for continuous development program of Finance team members across the Group.
- Provide technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all company entities. At times, this may include involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding acquisitions/dispositions. Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules. This may entail a real-time review of each key revenue stream and its terms for changes needed and determination of proper timing of revenue recognition under the requirement of MFRS 15. Involve due interaction with Sales and Customer Service groups.
- Ensure that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies, CA 2016 and MFRS. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Lead the preparation of audited Financial Statements of the Company and provide the necessary training and support to build up and ensure sufficient competency in this area amongst subsidiaries in the Group.
- Ensure that company financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies and Bursa Malaysia reporting requirements.
- Supervise the completion of tax reporting requirements (including income, property, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes) and preparation of deferred taxation calculation across the Company. Also, assist Corporate Tax, Treasury and Risk departments with dealing with related issues and meeting reporting requirements.
- Ensure that the computer and information reporting systems continue to operate as required. Involved in development of new financial systems and validating/designing suggested changes to existing ones to ensure accounting requirements continue to be met.
- Coordinate work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings. Being the main liaison for the Group in managing the external Auditors and their audit plan and program for the Group.
- Ensure that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and a Professional Accounting qualification e.g. ICAEW, ACCA, MICPA or CPA.
- 5 – 10 years of combined Public Accounting Firm and Industry accounting experience.
- Manager experience in public accounting will be an added advantage.
- Experienced in the Telecommunication industry will be an advantage.
- Prior management experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Rachel at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!