Application Support Engineer
||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||Up to MYR 84,000 per annum
||20th June 2018
Client Background & Role Summary:
Our client is one of the top telecommunications company in Australia. They provide a diverse range of communication services to residential users, wholesale customers, small and medium enterprises (SMEs), government and large corporate enterprises. They have recently set up a Regional IT team in Malaysia to provide IT support to the Australian region and they are looking for Application Support Engineers (5 Headcounts) – Tier 2 position, reporting to the Technical Application Support Lead.
- Provide second level support to the internal business units for all escalations, and priority completion of Production Orders alongside analysis for all escalated issues to determine the root cause.
- Work closely with Tier 3 support to understand the underlying issue and own the reported issue until closure and delivery
- Priorities include:
- Resumption of service
- Order continuity
- Deep level investigation of the incidents
- Release temporary fixes to affected orders that may require SQL scripts, SOAP requests and/or batch scripting
- Analyse the daily In Progress Orders report to sift new issues and proactively address these
- Identify new issues and log them to the known daily report classification list
- Author wikis/confluence pages for known issues and workarounds
- Other duties outlined by the Development Manager and/or Technical Support Lead
- Data Access, Web-based mechanism:
- ITSM Experience (ITIL)
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication) or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience in:
- Service-Oriented Architecture
- Customer Relationship Management System
- Proficient knowledge of database structure, SQL scripts, Service Oriented Architecture, web programming
- Experience in providing technical application support
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, including handling interruptions, and return to and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate integrity, ingenuity and innovation in the performance of assigned tasks
- Ability to easily adapt to and learn new technologies
- May require occasional travel to Australia
If you are interested, kindly email your updated resume to Emily at email@example.com or click “Apply Now”. Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you!